Monday, January 14, 2008

Success! Or, Caffeine withdrawal, day 6

I think I've successfully gotten caffeine out of my system, along for my craving of that morning cup of goodness. The best part is that I haven't had a withdrawal-induced headache since the blinding one on Friday.

Now I just need to get out of the habit of asking for iced tea or coke when I go out to eat. I had to stop myself on Saturday night when I went out to dinner with a friend. I was desperately tired and still had a function to go to later that night - fodder for another post - and I almost ordered a coke, just to wake myself up a bit. But I resisted temptation and had water instead. As a result, though, I only lasted an hour at the after-dinner event before going home and tucking myself in at 11:00.

I really could have used a cup of coffee this morning. Campbell decided that he wanted to party like a rock star at about 4:00 am. I let him fuss in his bed for an hour or so until he started really screaming. I gave in and got him up, stretching out on the sofa with him on my chest. He finally fell back asleep at about 5:30. I however, did not. Fortunately, B was home this morning, so when I put Campbell down for his nap, I ignored my work and took one too. Campbell woke up long before I did, so B kept an eye on him.

Now that I'm off caffeine, I'm feeling quite proud of myself. But I wonder how long it will be before I slip up and have a coke.

No comments: