Friday, February 15, 2008

Odds and ends

The difference between me and my husband
B came yesterday and announced he'd been to IKEA. And he only bought three things: a curtain, curtain rod, and rod holders, all for his office. He spent a total of $40.

My eyes glazed over at the thought of his going without me.

Then I asked if he had felt the need to just buy lots of stuff, like fun kitchen tools, pillows, and new linens for the bed, and candles. His answer? "No."

There's something wrong with him.

Little Miss Observant
This morning I took Lily and our buddy W to preschool. Lily chattered the whole way, telling me stories about her Arielthelittlemermaid doll, who was swimming around the back seat and sitting in Campbell's car seat.

We got to school, unloaded the car, and went inside before Lily looked at me and asked, "Where's Campbell?"

It took her that long to notice that his seat, which she sits next to in the car, had been empty. I told her it was a good thing she wasn't in charge of watching him.

Campbell was home with B, by the way.

No comments: