Saturday, February 23, 2008

Knitting stats

I was sitting knitting this afternoon - all three kids and husband are gone, bliss - and I was lamenting how long it takes me to finish projects. But then I started listing the things I've knit since September, when my mom made me buy sock wool, and I've knit more than I realized:

3 pairs of socks
3 pairs of baby booties
1 baby hat
1 hat for B
1 felted purse

That's all in about five months. Maybe I'm not knitting as slowly as I thought, given that I fit it in around kids, husband, house, and paying job.

I currently have a pair of socks in progress in this delightful raspberry Mountain Colors wool that my mom gave me for Christmas. I was going to start on a pair of socks out of the Noro sock yarn that mom also gave me, but the skein has disappeared. I've turned OCD, like I always do when I lose something, and I've torn the house apart. I can't find it anywhere. I've ransacked my closet and pulled apart the girls' room, but it's nowhere to be found. I just don't get it.

Unless I find the Noro, my plan is to start on some socks for the girls next. I have some great Supersocke self-striping yarn that I used for the baby booties and baby hat that will be great for socks for the kids. Now I just need a good sock pattern for them. Anyone have any recommendations?

And if you had told me in September that I'd be looking forward to finishing one pair of socks so that I could start another, I'd have laughed at you. I'm officially addicted.

No comments: