Monday, February 25, 2008

Book-related meme

FishyGirl tagged me with a book-related meme. So here's my answer.

1. Grab the nearest book with at least 123 pages.
2. Go to page 123.
3. Type in the following three sentences.
4. Tag some number of people.

My book is Wedding of the Waters: The Erie Canal and the Making of a Great Nation. My mom gave it to my dad for Christmas and had it shipped here to await their arrival. I sneaked a peek before Christmas and the book intrigued me, so I asked dad if I could borrow it when he was finished. It arrived today, and I'm already a chapter in.

"Born in 1760, Ellicot was more than six feet tall, hardy, and toughened by years of work in the outdoors as a surveyor. He had grown up in a close-knit family with a passion for mathematics. His father, a master clockmaker, had taken the family into the wilderness in the area of Chesapeake Bay, where they had built their home with their own hands."

I don't know yet who Ellicot is, but he sounds pretty interesting. I can't wait to get to page 123 and find out what he's all about.

I'm tagging O'Pine and Megan and Bitsy.

2 comments:

Fatguy said...

I'm following the meme, just because I find it interesting. You have a lot of courage, jumping ahead in a book you're currently reading.

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing, Kirk. I still don't know about Loralee and the condo. :-)

That sounds like an intriguing book, HOK, something that both my husband and I would enjoy. Thanks for doing it.