I was tagged by CKHolder, so now I have to come up with eight random things about myself. Here they are; some are more random than others.
1. I'm left-handed and very proud of it. My father and his mother are also both left-handed.
2. No one spells my maiden name correctly - not even the passport office or the Social Security Administration or the bank. I have the same maiden name as a very famous American painter, and no one spells her name correctly, either.
3. For several years I was very into stamping and making cards. I haven't made a single card since Campbell was born. Now I'm thinking of liquidating my stamp collection and using the shelf space for my yarn stash, which has grown exponentially in the past six months.
4. I graduated from college in three years. I wasn't even old enough to go out for a drink to celebrate after my last final. Fortunately, my dad arrived with a bottle of champagne that we drank out of jelly jars.
5. I didn't walk at graduation. I went to the University of Flordia, and I knew maybe 3 of the 3,000 other graduates since I declined to enlist in the Greek system. I told my parents I wasn't going to walk, and they were relieved. Instead, I went to their house in Atlanta and had my wisdom teeth out.
6. I had surgery on my knee 17 years ago, and it was like being given a new knee. I now refer to that knee as my good one.
7. I have 7 pairs of running shoes in my closet.
8. I sucked my thumb until I was 8.
Now I'm supposed to tag two people, which always makes me nervous. I like being tagged, but what if the people I tag don't? Drunken Housewife and FishyGirl, you're up. Or not, if you don't like tags. It's up to you.