Saturday, February 09, 2008

Eight random things

I was tagged by CKHolder, so now I have to come up with eight random things about myself. Here they are; some are more random than others.

1. I'm left-handed and very proud of it. My father and his mother are also both left-handed.

2. No one spells my maiden name correctly - not even the passport office or the Social Security Administration or the bank. I have the same maiden name as a very famous American painter, and no one spells her name correctly, either.

3. For several years I was very into stamping and making cards. I haven't made a single card since Campbell was born. Now I'm thinking of liquidating my stamp collection and using the shelf space for my yarn stash, which has grown exponentially in the past six months.

4. I graduated from college in three years. I wasn't even old enough to go out for a drink to celebrate after my last final. Fortunately, my dad arrived with a bottle of champagne that we drank out of jelly jars.

5. I didn't walk at graduation. I went to the University of Flordia, and I knew maybe 3 of the 3,000 other graduates since I declined to enlist in the Greek system. I told my parents I wasn't going to walk, and they were relieved. Instead, I went to their house in Atlanta and had my wisdom teeth out.

6. I had surgery on my knee 17 years ago, and it was like being given a new knee. I now refer to that knee as my good one.

7. I have 7 pairs of running shoes in my closet.

8. I sucked my thumb until I was 8.

Now I'm supposed to tag two people, which always makes me nervous. I like being tagged, but what if the people I tag don't? Drunken Housewife and FishyGirl, you're up. Or not, if you don't like tags. It's up to you.

7 comments:

Seamus O'Pine said...

au contraire! I know how to spell your maiden name.

: )

hokgardner said...

Yeah, well you don't work for the SSA or the passport office either, so you've got that going for you.

t. Cooke said...

O'Keefe, right?

hokgardner said...

Wrong. T. you've known me for almost 13 years!

See, no one can spell my name.

Anonymous said...

I thought I knew how to spell it, but then I had to go check. Damn.

And, HELLO, I used to be a Stampin' Up! rep - my stamp collection is HUGE. I just pulled out 30 sets that are going up on ebay as soon as I get someone or something to occupy my kids long enough for me to take all the pictures and put up the auctions. Good times!

I'll see what I can do, meme wise.

ckh said...

The problem with reading these little bits of information is that I want to know MORE!

If you ever get stumped for a topic to write about, expand your #4. What did you major in? How did you graduate in 3 years? What did you do next between then and kids?

Your curious fan,
~Carol

MadMad said...

No one spells my name right, either... but there is a reason for it - it's nuts. Off to check out Drunken housewife... it's funny - this is the second post today I've read recommending her, and I'm sitting here thinking, Drunken? Housewife? How do I not know her already?