Thursday, November 05, 2009

My book blog

I know, I know, I'm supposed to be continuing with my Halloween posts, but I've been out of commission all day with a migraine that has knocked me flat. But, I don't want to fail on day 5 of Nablopomo, so I'm going to cheat and just have a post pointing you to my book blog, which I'm in the process of updating.

In and around raising four kids and running (not that I'm doing much of that lately) and knitting and working, I manage to read a lot. Right now I'm wading through Dickens' Bleak House, which I'm actually enjoying a lot.

So take a look, and let me know if you have any good recommendations.

3 comments:

Ann Imig said...

Laughing at your tweet ..is having another baby? NONONONONO

Right now I'm reading A Woman In Amber by Agate Nesaule--its a memoir about a latvian woman's experience surviving WWII (not Jewish, not in camps, but at the mercy of both Russians and Germans) Its beautifully written.

Oh, and I'm reading Anne Lamott's classic "Bird By Bird," but I recently finished "Pledged" an expose on Sorority life (lest you think I'm too deep ;)

Keeffer said...

oh bleak house! dickens how i adore you.

Toronto staging professionals said...

Hi. Good to hear that you enjoy Dickens' Bleak House. I decided few moths ago that I'll try to read some of his works. I've already read The Pickwick Papers and now I'm reading David Copperfield. I don't know why but I like The Pickwick Papers little bit more, but on the other hand I haven't finished David Copperfield. May be I'll try also Bleak House. The only problem for me is to find enough time for reading besides my work.

Take care,
Ella