Sunday, November 22, 2009

A 3 1/2 hour nap

For the first time ever, we allowed my mother-in-law to take all four kids with her to B's grandmother's house for the afternoon. This meant that for the first time in almost 14 months, we had a completely child-free house.

I celebrated by sleeping.

B and I had been watching a movie together - "Duplicity," and goodness Clive Owen is beautiful - but I couldn't keep my eyes open. So I toddled off to bed, leaving B to his own devices.

I fell asleep at 2:30, and the next thing I knew it was 6:00. I had slept like the dead - I don't think I moved the entire time.

To say that I am chronically sleep deprived would be an understatement. I don't think I've had more than 6 continuous hours of sleep since before Elizabeth was born. She's getting better at sleeping through the night, but it's pretty much a guarantee that if she sleeps through, one of the other kids won't. Campbell is particularly prone to waking up with nightmares.

So, yes, the nap did me good. And, yes, I could fall back asleep right now without any problem at alzzzzzzzzz

6 comments:

Dee at Pedestrian Palate said...

Good for you. Felt good, right?

Cookie said...

wow! That's great. I'm jealous. When is B's grandmother going to take my kids??

Shelly said...

It's so funny how we spend our time when children are away. Not like I imagined it would be. I like to go through toys and clothes and throw things away.

Unknown said...

oh good for YOU!!!!

Baino said...

Ah bliss. I had enough trouble with two, don't know how you do it with 4! Although I can never have a 'nana' nap. Hopeless, I just can't snooze during the day come hell or high water.

Cathy said...

i LOVE taking naps, and I don't have an excuse anymore b/c both my kids sleep through the night well. For some reason I sleep more soundly in the middle of the day than at night, which is not a good thing. :)