Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The larch

Ten points for anyone who gets the reference.

And now for something completely different . . .

I figured I'd take a break from the photos of my greats and grands for the day to show off Elizabeth, who turned five months old last week. She has more than made up for her shaky start - at her four-month check-up she was on the regular growth chart for weight, length and head size. Just this last week she stopped needing to be swaddled to sleep, AND she's been going to sleep on her own without needing to be nursed. (I feel like I shouldn't even say that last bit out loud just in case I jinx myself.)

Here are some new pictures, just because she's so cute that I can't help myself.
Here she is with her "twin" Bitty Baby. When Elizabeth was born, she was smaller than the doll. Elizabeth also figured out how to catch her feet this week, which has provided her with an endless source of entertainment.

Elizabeth still sleeps in her cradle in our closet, but she does like to nap in our big bed. I usually put her in the bed during the day so I can hear her when she cries if I'm in the front of the house. I can't hear her if she's back in the closet.

And finally, another adorable hat from my mom. B says she looks like a baby Rastafarian, which is appropriate since the hat pattern is the "Marley."

9 comments:

knittergran said...

A. It's Monty Python-I get the ten points! Snap!
B. Isn't she ADORABLE!!!

calicobebop said...

She such a pretty baby! I love looking at sleeping baby pictures. So peaceful!

And, isn't that reference from Monty Python's Flying Circus? Am I awesome or what. HA!

Unknown said...

OH my heart broke at the sleepy shot. I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and the hat is cute!) I wondered how it would look when I saw it on your mom's site but it works!

Cathy said...

that is an appropriate name for the hat--she's so adorable!

ckh said...

If you were to look up cute baby in the dictionary - she'd be the picture alongside the definition.

She's simply adorable!

anymommy said...

I don't know if she is cuter or that hat! No, okay, she is precious. The hat is pretty darn cute though.

bernthis said...

that last shot is priceless and holy hell, it's been FIVE MONTHS already?

Ann in NJ said...

I seriously don't want another baby, but she is SO adorable. I love this age - they giggle, they smile, they flirt, they sleep (more, at least). And they stay where you put them, mostly.

Just so cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh, goodness, does that hat come in grownup sizes? Tho E looks so much cuter than I would. Yay, E!