Friday, December 14, 2007

OK, you're forgiven

To say that Campbell has been a handful lately would be an understatement. He is into and on top of everything these days. Yesterday the girls caught him splishing in the toilet with one of their toothbrushes. Ew. I've found his toys inside pots and pans in the cupboard. He makes escape attempts from the house every time someone opens the front door. He's also made a developmental leap in his problem-solving skills, which means he's thinking about how to make a mess or get something I've put out of his reach. By noon most days, I'm ready to pull my hair out in frustration. I can't get anything done when Campbell's awake because I can't take my eyes off him for a second.

Just when I'm really about to lose it, he does something so irresistibly cute that I just melt. This morning Campbell had been noodling around the bathroom while B and I were getting dressed, emptying the contents of our bathroom drawers. I went out into the bedroom to put on my shoes, and I heard Lily start laughing hysterically. I turned around to see Campbell wearing a kleenex box for a shoe and ran for my camera. He waddled all the way across my room and out to the hall before sitting down to take off the box. Lily and I were both laughing so hard we were just about crying.



This one little stunt bought him a day's worth of forgiveness for all the messes he's getting into.

3 comments:

Family Adventure said...

That is precious...look at the concentration on his face!

Thank goodness he is so cute... :)

Heidi

Suburban Correspondent said...

You've just got to hang on...there's no cure. Those are my worst days, though - when I feel as if I've done nothing but follow the toddler around. Crazy-making, for sure.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

You laugh but maybe, just maybe he's a budding fashion designer in training. Arent you going to feel like a heal when TISSUEBOX footwear is all the rage out of Paris!

Hallie