Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Meme

My friend sent this to me via e-mail, and I forwarded it on to my mom and sister, who had some interesting responses. Then I started thinking more about my answers and what I would have said if I had taken more time. So here is my re-do as a meme. Tag to anyone who wants to answer the questions, too.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, but no ribbon.
2. Real tree or artificial? Real, of course
3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever we get around to it. We haven't put one up yet because I'm afraid of what Tyranababy will do to it.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but mixed with milk
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The complete Little House on the Prairie book set. As a grownup, my favorite gift was my new wedding band from my husband.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope
8. Hardest person to buy for? My father and my husband, but for different reasons.
9. Easiest person to buy for? The kids
10. Worst Christmas? Well, there was the year I ended up in the hospital on Christmas day due to a bike accident. And the year my grandfather was going through electro-shock therapy and kept calling the house but not remembering who he was or who he was calling or that his wife had died. And the year I visited my parents and came down with bronchitis and spent the whole week I was there in bed horribly sick. And the year my husband's aunt attempted suicide. Now that I think about it, we have a bad track record with Christmas.
11. Mail or email Holiday Christmas cards? Mail
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? "Christmas Story"
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December. But if I see the perfect gift earlier in the year, I'll grab it and stash it in my closet.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but I at least waited until the next year to give it away at a White Elephant party.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Both, and bubble lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Don't have one.
18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? Stay at home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Nope
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star made out of cardboard and aluminum foil that B and I made our first married Christmas.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Well, there's the fact that Christmas now starts in October, but there's also the constant Christmas music.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Time with my family and seeing the girls on Christmas morning when they open the scotch tape in their stockings. It's their favorite present every year.

2 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Scotch tape?? Is there a story here?

Good meme! I like no. 19. Very cute!

Heidi

hokgardner said...

Years ago, when Ella was three, she got tape in her stocking. She opened it, threw her arms up in the air and yelled, "Mama, Santa came, and he brought me tape!" It was her favorite gift that year. When someone asked her what she got, she'd say tape. So ever since then, the girls get tape in their stockings, and they are always so excited by it.