Thursday, November 15, 2007

Project Runway overload

Wheee! The new season of Project Runway started last night. Now we can watch Tim Gunn in his proper setting instead of his dreadful makeover show, which is just painful. I'm not sure what to think of the new cast yet. It's too soon to pick favorites. But I can tell that the young guy with the strange haircut is going to get on my nerves, big-time.

I have been watching Project Runway Canada, and I have to admit, I like that show better. Iman is a far better host, and I like the two judges, especially Shawn Hewson, whose line is called Bustle. Iman seems to have a sense of humor and doesn't take herself quite as seriously as La Klum. And when Iman wishes outgoing contestants good luck, it seems like she really means it.

Another thing I like about the show is that the contestants really seem to be there for the design and competition, not to be divas. My friend O'Pine said it seemed like the Canadian contestants hadn't seen the US show, and I agree with him.

So far my favorite challenge has been the dress for the opera star. But my favorite dress didn't win; I loved the one with the huge bustle on the back.

So if any of you watch these shows, let me know. I'd love to dish about them!

1 comment:

Family Adventure said...

Can't comment, don't get either of the shows here in Norway...but I love Iman. She is stunning. I'm glad to hear that she is doing well on TV, too.

Heidi :)