Saturday, June 16, 2007

It seemed like a good idea

So Brandon's been out of town for most of the week; he doesn't get home until Sunday. I decided I couldn't stay sane the entire time unless I got one run in. I figured I'd get up before the kids, lock the front door and put the baby monitor on the porch while I ran up and down the block for 20 minutes. I'd be within sight of the house the entire time and never more than about 30 seconds away at a dead sprint. I even ran the plan past Shelly and she said it sounded ok. What could go wrong, right?

Turns out plenty can go wrong. I decided to try out the plan on Thursday morning. I set my alarm for 6:00 and went to bed looking forward to a short run in the morning. But Campbell woke up 3 times during the night, so when my alarm went off, I ignored it. Friday morning, I was in bed decidng whether to run when the girls burst in and started jumping on the bed yelling, "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Since they were awake, I couldn't leave them behind to go running. This morning Campbell woke up at 5:30 and refused to go back to sleep. So I briefly pondered putting him in the jogger and taking him along for the ride. But then the girls woke up AND it started raining.

Maybe tomorrow morning the fates will align, but I'm not counting on it.

No comments: