Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Picture Wednesday

I know Picture Wednesday doesn't have the same alliteration as Wordless Wednesday, but I can never manage the wordless part.

Here's Ella today, as she headed off for her last day of First Grade. She's wearing long pants and a long-sleeved shirt despite the predicted 100 degree weather because they're having a spelling bee in class today, and she wanted to dress just like the kids did in the movie Akeelah and the Bee. Ella is all about spelling bees these days.
I did make her take a change of cooler clothes for after the bee.

Lily came outside and wanted in on the picture action, too. Like her parents, Lily loves to lounge in her bathrobe.
And just for contrast, here's Ella on the first day of First Grade. She doesn't look much different in the pictures, but I see a world of difference in her from the beginning of school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun! I always did the spelling bees too, back in the day before the were kewl.