Friday, April 04, 2008

A good run

I wanted to get up and run with the group at 5:30 this morning, but last night's migraine ruined those plans. So this morning I put on running clothes in the hopes that doing so would inspire me to run after I got everyone off to school. And it worked.

After the thunderstorms stopped, I left Campbell home with B and headed out the door to run my little 3-mile loop in the neighborhood. I'm so glad I got out there. The weather was perfect for running - the storms had brought the temperatures down a good 15 degrees (I had to send a jacket to school for Ella with a neighbor because wore a sundress today) and dropped the humidity. Everything smelled so fresh and clean - all the spring trees and flowers are in bloom. Plus, after warming up, I actually felt good while I was running, and I was able to finish strong.

I ended feeling so good, so pleased with myself for actually getting out there to run.

Unfortunately, the good feelings didn't last long. By the time I got in the shower, the waves of all-day sickness had hit. B said he could see me actually turn green in front of him. So much for my theory that getting out an exercising makes my nausea better.

1 comment:

MadMad said...

Those wrist seaband thingies really helped me. Also? Eating constantly. But try the wrist things first. Trust me - nothing like having to lose 70 pounds to make you feel good about yourself...