Sunday, January 28, 2007

Return of the babyjogger

To say that my return to running after Campbell's birth has not gone well would be an understatement. I've been struggling to find the time and energy to run, and I keep setting up new deadlines to start running, only to miss them. It's been disheartening.

I was at a runner gathering today listened to everyone compare their race reports from today's half marathon, which is one of my favorite races. I left rather discouraged. I don't begrudge any of them their races; I had a lot of fun going out to cheer for them this morning with my chicken hat on. I just wish I could have run the race. I'd like to make a vow that I'll do it next year, but such vows never work for me.

This week I came to accept that if I want to run, I'm going to have to do it with Campbell in the babyjogger. I logged so many miles with Ella in that thing that I can't even count them. I didn't use it much with Lily, because if I went out for a run when she was a baby, I always had to take both her and Ella. Pushing a single jogger is hard enough; pushing a double is like running up hill and into the wind the whole time.

So now it's Campbell's turn. I put the frame together and cleaned it off, aired up the tires and snapped on the new seat and cover. We're all ready to go. I hope he likes riding in it as much as Ella used to.

No comments: