Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Rock Star

Ever since Ella was a baby, we've called her the Rock Star. It really seemed to fit her personality, and it still does. She loves to perform. These days, she and Lily spend a lot of time rehearsing performances for me and Brandon. Mostly this involves Ella bossing Lily around and making up song and dance routines. In this clip, Lily had had enough of the bossing.

The paper recently had an article about a recording studio here in town where you can pay for studio time and make a cd of yourself singing. As soon as I read the article, I thought of Ella. She has been dying to record some songs and put them on my iPod so she could hear them. When I mentioned this to a friend, he told me that I could do the same thing with my computer's microphone and media editor, but it just doesn't seem the same. I really want to take Ella and let her loose in the studio. I think she'd be so thrilled at the chance to perfom like that.

I realize I'm not the most neutral judge, but I think she may have some singing talent. I can't carry a tune to save my life, but she can. The other day she and Lily were singing together, and she stopped to tell Lily she was singing "in the wrong tune." Lily, bless her heart, seems to take after me.

No comments: