Tuesday, January 02, 2007

36 Hours

Thirty-six hours, that's how long this migraine lasted. It started Sunday afternoon and eased up late last night. When it started, I tried to cowboy up and act like nothing was wrong. I went to the grocery store and to dinner at Ty and Ali's house for New Year's. But by the end of the evening I was in so much pain I felt sick to my stomach. Fortunately, we weren't expected to hang out until midnight. When we got home and got the kids to bed, I took a whole vicodin, which is a lot for me, and went to bed. Unfortunately, the vicodin didn't help with the pain very much - but I was really relaxed.

When I'm not pregnant or nursing, I take Imitrex, which works on my migraines nine times out of ten. But I can't take it right now. Although, the past two days were enough to consider weaning Campbell so that I can take the meds.

The only reason I survived yesterday is that the girls were gone. Brandon wrangled them in the morning, then his mother came and took them for the rest of the day and had them spend the night at Brandon's grandmother's house. When Campbell wasn't asleep in bed with me, he hung out with Brandon on the front porch or in the living room watching football.

Brandon did have to bring Campbell to me every time the baby got hungry. Campbell is refusing to take bottles right now. When we try to give him one, he just plays with it and laughs until he gets frustrated and screams at us. I tried a new kind of bottle yesterday, and after he was done playing with it, Campbell grabbed it with both hands, yanked it out of his mouth, dropped it and laughed at me. The little monkey.

The worst part of the evening happened at about 10:00. I was holding Campbell, who was sleeping, when I realized I was about to throw up. I tried to make it to his crib but couldn't. I put him on the playmat on the floor and sprinted for the bathroom. Campbell started screaming, understandably so.

I'm feeling better today. The headache and nausea are gone, but I do feel a little wobbly from all the vicodin - and the lack of food. I'm going to take it as easy as possible today.

No comments: