Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Following Mrs. G's lead

Mrs. G, founder of the late Derfwad Manor and the new Women's Colony, asked the following questions of her readers this morning. I answered in her comments, but I thought I'd post my answers here, too. Apparently this will be a multi-part posting on Mrs. G's part.

1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? A day at the beach with my family.

2. What is your greatest fear? The death of one of my children. My husband's younger brother died when my husband was young, and I've seen the after effects the death has had on the entire family. The pain that still exists, more than 20 years later, is still so immense.

3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Worrying - I miss out on a lot of joy because I'm spending too much time worrying about things.

4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Willful ignorance - the kind that causes people to claim the Holocaust never happened or that President Obama wasn't really born in the U.S., despite evidence to the contrary.

5. Which living person do you most admire? Nelson Mandela - he went through hardships we can't even imagine and emmerged with his grace and dignity intact.

6. What is your greatest extravagance? Books, books and more books - I've started using the library more and more, but I still love owning books. There's just something about being able to walk to the bookshelf and grab my favorites at will.

So, readers and lurkers, what are your answers?

No comments: