Sunday, March 21, 2010

Odds and Ends

I'm a bit scattered today, so I'm posting some odds and ends.

First up - I've been reading again. I must admit that I have been a bit ADD in my reading. I currently have four books under way, which is a lot for me. I'm in the middle of: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, The Mysterious Benedict Society, The Help, and The Hemingses of Monticello. Plus I have three New Yorkers that I'm working on. But I have managed to finish three books and post them over on my book blog - Plenty More Books Inside.

Second - My friend Kate had a baby two weeks ago and then ended up spending more than a week in a drug-induced coma thanks to a terrible post-partum infection that had a lot to do with mistakes made on many levels by doctors. It's a terrible story that isn't over yet. Baby Isaac is thriving, and Kate is on the mend, but she has a long road ahead of her in terms of recovery. If you have a moment, stop by her blog and wish her well.

Third - I had another post, this one about my inability to sit still, picked up by Deep South Moms. You can read it here.

I think that's all for now. I'm going to go back to watching a mama owl hatch her babies.

3 comments:

the mama bird diaries said...

So sorry about your friend. How scary.

Tina said...

I can't believe the horrific ordeal your friend has experienced. Wow. Also, your tweet about explaining the dial up modem made me laugh. We just went through that with our daughter explaining to her what a typewriter is.

adrienne breaux said...

Sending well wishes to your friend as well.

-adrienne
http://wearegoodkin.com/