Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What a great day

I woke up this morning and felt so hopeful, despite a lack of sleep. While I was at the grocery store, I wanted to hug every one I saw in celebration. I sprinted through my errands so that I could be home in time to watch the inauguration.

When I got home, I decided that the event was too big and too amazing to watch alone, so I went to my neighbors' house and sniffled along with them.

I had been looking for a good picture to express how I feel, and Salon.com provided it.

Farewell, President Bush. You have wreaked havoc on our country that will take us decades to fix. But today, I'm optimistic that with President Obama (how wonderful does that sound?) running things, we can begin to get back on track. For the first time in years, I feel hopeful.

Today is for celebration. Tomorrow the real work begins.

7 comments:

bernthis said...

Sayonara a-hole!!! I'm so glad he is gone. Just gone. May he never poke his head outside Texas again

LTYM said...

I've been weepy since yesterday. Why did the most amazing thing that's ever happened in our lifetimes have to happen when I have PMS????

Keeffer said...

we have a president who can say nuclear!

Unknown said...

I love, just love that the old white guy is working for the young black guy!!!

(and by the way, exactly how did Mrs Biden walk in those heels???)

The Kretzings said...

I...love...that...photo. Good find.

Something similar was the "Moment of Zen" on "The Daily Show" last night.

Cathy said...

great photo!! I cried on and off all day. I can't believe the havoc Bush wreaked on our country. We do have a ton of work to do to turn this ship around.

Jungle Pete said...

And it gets better every day. I'm not sure how we all survived 8 years of that fool. Obama is fantastic.