Monday, December 01, 2008

The first run

When Elizabeth was born, I set December 1 as my "First Run" day, and I managed to pull it off. After I did carpool duties, I left Campbell and Elizabeth with B and headed out for a short run. It wasn't pretty or fast, but I managed to run/walk, with more running than walking, for a mile and half. I even managed to do strides at the end.

I'm a long way from being in shape, but I have to start somewhere. At least I didn't fall flat on my face like I did on my first run after having Campbell.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i need to start exercising again too. i was too weak just to roll out cookie dough the other day.

Unknown said...

cool, good for you.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

At least you're running. I can't even motivate myself to get out and walk. Kudos!

Shelly said...

That's awesome! It took me about 3 1/2 years to start exercising again after my son was born. Keep up the good work!

donna said...

Running...it can really clear your head and keep you sane. I just came back from buying a new set of Nike running shoes. I bought my last pair neary 4 years ago and pretty much all that's left are the laces and the sole...so i'm very excited to get out for a run this afternoon...(its the little things that make mothers happy) :0)