Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I said "UNCLE!"

What sort of cosmic infraction have I committed to deserve this? I'd really like to know.


Just when I thought things couldn't get worse Tuesday, they did. Shortly after B left to meet with his client, I started throwing up. I called him to see if there was any way he could come home to help me, and there wasn't. Instead, his father came over to wrangle the kids. I hid in my bedroom and bathroom and spent the following six hours throwing up every 45 minutes, just like clockwork.

At 8:00, my father-in-law poked his head in my room to tell me that Campbell had started throwing up, too. I was so sick that I couldn't even get up to take care of my own baby. Fortunately, Campbell's bout was as short-lived as his sisters'. He threw up twice then fell asleep without further protest.

B arrived home from his meeting at 9:00 and started throwing up. At this point, my father-in-law broke out the lysol and started scrubbing everything in sight. He probably went home and bathed in it, too. Poor B spent most of the night throwing up. I eventually moved out onto the sofa so that I could doze without being woken up by his sprints to the bathroom.

I spent most of yesterday flat on the sofa in a haze while Campbell noodled around. The girls both went to school since they were acting like they had never been sick. I was in bed and asleep by 8:00 last night.

Here's hoping today is better.

1 comment:

MadMad said...

Oh, holy COW, woman! I think you're entitled to a little doom and gloom after those past couple of days, don't you?! Wow...