Sunday, September 09, 2007

"Boy, you got a panty on your head."

Mom is indoctrinating the next generation of knitters. Yesterday she taught the girls to knit. Ella has taken to it completely. She's in the process of making a lumpy scarf for her American Girl Doll - she's extremely proud of it, and rightly so. My first scarf, which I made with my grandmother's help, looked much the same.
Mom can't wait to get home and tell the folks in her Thursday night knitting group about it.


She had less success with Lily, who at 4 has the attention span of a bug. Mostly Lily made knots out of her yarn. But she did get to go on a field trip to Hobby Lobby to buy new knitting needles and purple yarn for her project.

My sock is slowly growing, one row at a time. That's about all I can knit at a time before getting interupted by someone or something.

No comments: