Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cakely Wisdom

Yesterday was a not very good day for me. I was feeling pretty dark blue thanks to two straight weeks of sick kids, several days of migraines, and lack of exercise. Plus B and I are having all sorts of serious grown-up talks about finances and house shopping and moving, which ratcheted up my anxiety level even higher than usual.

By the time bedtime rolled around, I was huddled under a blanket on the sofa, feeling sorry for myself.

Ella sat down next to me and asked what was wrong. When I told her it had been a bad day, she said, “I think you need cake. Because then it would be a bad day with cake, which is much better than a bad day without cake.”

I laughed and told her she was exactly right but that we didn’t have any cake. That’s when she offered to ride her bike up to the neighborhood store to buy some cake for me. I had to veto her plan because I’m not ready for her to ride that far solo yet, and because it was dark out.

But today, I think I’m buying a cake.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

nice of her to offer, though!

Leigh Ann said...

What a nice offer! I'm teaching mine to offer me a drink.

Cookie said...

What a great idea! I love cake, but I love icing more :)
I used to get horrible migraines too. At least once a week. But I haven't had a single one since I had my spine surgery. Now I get hives at least once a week instead :S
Hope your week gets better!

Susan said...

What a sweetie! I can relate to the stress but I am fortunate not to get migraines - my jaw hurts from being clinched, but it is not debilitating.

Hope the cake works!