Monday, August 04, 2008

Rolling over in her grave

If my mother-in-law were dead, she'd be rolling over in her grave at what Ella just said.
Sometimes posts just write themselves.
We are not a religious household, by any stretch of the imagination. Nor do we have any desire to be. But my mother-in-law, who is evangelical southern baptist, likes to sneak religion in with the kids when she can.
One weekend, when the girls spent the night with her, she let them watch Evan Almighty. I was a bit upset at first, but now that I've seen the movie and realized it doesn't proselytize, I'm ok.
Anyway, I was looking at CNN this morning on my laptop and Ella was sitting next to me. She pointed to the following picture and said, "Hey, there's God!"

I nearly fell off the sofa laughing.

I could get into a religion with Morgan Freeman as God. But I'm not sure my mother-in-law would approve.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking along similar lines myself when I heard the news.