Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The kindness of knitters


A while back, a blogger named Loopy Lou left a comment on one of my knitting posts. So I visited her blog and checked out all of the amazing crafts she does. She had one post with a picture of an adorable baby hat, so I left a comment asking for the pattern.


She replied with the name of the pattern and an offer to knit one for Baby Bee. The hat arrived last week, and it is just beautiful. The girls are impressed with how small it is; they can't believe that Baby Bee will be small enough to wear it. That's the hat in the picture above, modelled by "Psycho Baby."


I've been so busy knitting socks and baby booties for other people, and knittergran is dealing with an injured hand, so neither of us has knit anything for Baby Bee yet. This is his/her first knitted thing.


So thank you very much Loopy Lou. It was very kind of you to knit this for the baby.


And yes mom, I've sent a real thank you note in the mail.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And yes mom, I've sent a real thank you note in the mail.

hahahahaha

Jane said...

I received it yesterday and the boys haven't stopped stoking it,lol. It was a real pleasure to knit, no hardship at all. Hope Baby Bee enjoys it too

Anonymous said...

That's an adorable hat. What a lovely gift for Baby Bee.

Barb Matijevich said...

I bet your reaction was all the thanks she needed (but very polite of you to send the note anyway.) Actually, my post today is about this very thing...