Monday, May 07, 2007

I'b sig

Moms aren't allowed to get sick, yet here I am, feeling worse than I have since I had the flu in college. Really, it's that bad. Bad enough that I spent the weekend in bed. I missed the annual neighborhood arts festival for the first time ever. And I sent all three kids away yesterday - it's the first time I've let Campbell go to B's grandmother's house without me. That should be an indication of just how horrible I felt.

I gave up yesterday afternoon and went to a doc-in-the-box who told me it's either a sinus infection for the flu. Nothing like narrowing down the possibilities. He gave me antibiotics and said that if I started feeling better after 24 hours it was a sinus infection. I started the antibiotics last night, and I feel a little better, but only a little.

Brandon's been great through all of this. Friday was his birthday, and I was in bed by 8:00. Fortuntately, his cousin's wife invited him over for a porch party. Saturday Brandon took the girls to the festival so I could sleep while Campbell did, and yesterday he drove everyone out to his grandmother's house. I don't know what I would have done without him.

In the meantime, the house has completely fallen apart. There are piles of unfolded laundry all over the place from people hunting for clean clothes. The kitchen counter is piled with dishes, and the floor is covered with cheerios and dog fur. I think I'm going to have to cowboy up today and clean for all I'm worth.

The only problem is Lily - she seems to be coming down with whatever we've had. She was up all night coughing and is saying that she feels sick. And Campbell's very cranky. I hope he's not relapsing. I think we need a quarantine sign on the door.

No comments: