Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Bad Dreams

Women say that they have strange dreams when they're pregnant. I have them after having the baby. I've had some doozies in the past few weeks; some have been really upsetting.

There was the one where I dropped my friend Megan's baby on the floor. I can still hear the thunk. I picked Andrew up, dusted him off and took him to his mom and didn't tell her what happened. I woke up so upset - I was afraid that something would be wrong with Andrew as a result of the fall and Megan wouldn't know what had happened. It took a good while after I woke up to remember that it was just a dream and that I hadn't really dropped the baby and nothing was wrong.

Last night I dreamt that I was giving Campbell a bath in the washing machine - delicate cycle of course. I even opened the lid of the washer to check on him - he was just bobbing around in there. Fortunately I pulled him out before the spin cycle. Someone asked me why I bathed him that way and I responded that it was how I had given all my babies their baths.

I think it's the sleep deprivation that's causing these dreams, and I'll be glad when they stop. I'm ready to be finished waking up upset from dreams.

No comments: