Saturday, January 05, 2013

Oh hai

Happy Hanukah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy New Year. What did I miss?

I've got all these posts backed up in my head, but then I think, "I can't write about New Year's until I write about Christmas. And then I can't write about Christmas until I write about Lily and The Nutcracker." And then I give up and watch old episodes of Big Bang Theory.

So here's the bullet point version:

  • Lily was an angel in the Ballet Austin production of The Nutcracker again this year. I took a friend who has four boys and never gets to get dressed up and go to the ballet with me to the full dress rehearsal. It was a good thing I saw the full dress, because when I went to buy tickets for any of Lily's shows, they were pretty much sold out. I could have paid $40 each for four seats that weren't together. That's fine for me, but I don't think strangers wanted to sit next to Elizabeth. 
  • Christmas was good. Runnerdude and Knittergran came for the holiday as did my sister and her BF. He passed the kid test with flying colors. Santa was good to everyone. Campbell got a BMX bike like the big boys next door ride, and Elizabeth got a pink scooter. Lily got rollerblades, and Ella got a kindle fire. She's been hugging it ever since. The house was crowded and chaotic but fun. It's exactly what I had in mind when we bought this big house. 
  • Our New Year's was quiet, very quiet. The kids spent the night at their grandfather's house, leaving me and B home to watch movies and marathons on "24." Honest to dog, Jack Bauer is the unluckiest man in history. I began 2013 by taking FeeBee on a rainy, muddy run and testing out my new Garmin. It was a good way to start the year. 
  • The kids are still on winter break. They don't go back until Tuesday. They may not live that long. Or maybe I'll just lock them in the garage until Tuesday morning. 
So there you have it, and I'm all caught up. I'll resume regular programming next week. 

No comments: