Sunday, August 22, 2010

A boy and the beach

Two years ago, as Barb reminded me, Campbell HATED the beach. He hated it even more than Elizabeth hated the sand. At least we got her down to the beach and in the water without having her scream nonstop.

This year, on the other hand, Campbell had the time of his life at the beach. From the moment he kicked off his shoes, he ran and jumped and played and splashed to his heart's content. I had the best time just watching him have fun.




He didn't even care that the big kids were off doing their own thing. Campbell was his own best company. I was too far away to hear what he was saying, but he was chattering away the whole time.


The Little Dude abides.

4 comments:

shrink on the couch said...

That first one is priceless! Exuberance!

ckh said...

Very cool. I love to see when they like something they used to hate. It cracks me up.

Susan said...

This just so reminds me of when my kids were little!

Unknown said...

so cute!