Monday, March 19, 2007

"Hi, the baby needs his diptep!" - Holly Hunter, Raising Arizona

Campbell went for his six-month check-up today, which just doesn't seem possible. He weighs 18 pounds, 6 ounces and is in the 75th percentile for weight. As a comparison, Ella weighed 18 pounds at her one-year check-up. I remember this because Brandon and I went out and bought her a forward-facing car seat that we couldn't put her in because she didn't weigh 20 pounds. She had to ride around in the baby bucket for another month.

Campbell also had to have his shots, which were horrible; he cried, I cried. But we both recovered quickly. Unlike his last two rounds of shots, he's done ok this time. After his two-month and four-months immunizations he cried for hours on end. After his two-month ones, he spiked a fever at 2 in the morning and I had to call the on-call pediatrician. Today, however, he's been a little sleepier than usual, but that's it. I'm hoping he'll do well through the night, too.

The doctor says Campbell is thriving, which I knew. But it's still nice to hear someone else say it. He's a happy, healthy, flirty little guy.

No comments: