Friday, March 23, 2007

10 years and counting

Yesterday Brandon and I celebrated 10 years of wedded bliss - ok, maybe not all of it has been blissful, but it's been close. I still can't believe it's been ten years. It seems like just yesterday that we got married, but at the same time I don't really remember life without Brandon. We've been dating, engaged or married for 12 years, which is most of my adult life. He's still my best friend and favorite person to hang out and do nothing with. I guess it's a good thing I still feel that way about him.


To celebrate, we went to dinner at Green Pastures, the restaurant where we got married. The staff there was so excited that we'd come back for our anniversary. Our waiter said everyone there loves when couples do that. I had made the reservations, but Brandon had called earlier in the day and arranged to have champagne and flowers waiting at the table for us, which was a nice touch. We had an amazing dinner, and for dessert I had the same kind of cake we chose for Brandon's groom's cake. It was even better this time, mostly because my slice wasn't filled with birdseed. I hadn't gotten to eat any of the cake during the reception, but had taken a box with me when we left the reception. The box got filled with bird seed when everyone threw it on us, and there was so much we couldn't pick it out of the cake. It's funny what little details you remember . . .


To mark the event I also put on my wedding dress, just to prove I could. It was a tight squeeze in the bust area, but I fit. The girls thought I looked bee-yew-ti-ful, Lily especially. She wanted me to twirl for her and kept asking where my "wedding slippers" were. She was disappointed to hear that I didn't have any fancy, sparkly shoes to go with the dress. Brandon and I also showed the girls our wedding pictures, which was fun. I need to dig out the video and show them that, too.


So here's to a good first ten years and to many more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 10th Anniversary to you and Brandon!

Did your girls ask if they could wear your wedding dress one day?