Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wednesday morning miracle

The planets must have aligned, or the fates decided to smile, or all my good parenting karma built up this morning. I don't know how it happened or why, I'm just thrilled it did.

I dragged myself out of bed to run at 5:30. It was so dark out, thanks to the time change, but we all survived without incident. The weather was perfect for running - crisp, cool, and calm. We all knocked out five miles without a problem, and without getting a ticket for running through barriers in a road construction area.

On the way home from running, I stopped at the grocery store to stock up supplies for while I'm gone - frozen lasagna, taco-night fixings, sliced turkey, hot dogs - and went home to put it all away. Amazingly, despite its being almost 7:00, the house was silent. I put up the refrigerated foods, and headed off to a long, hot shower.

When I got out of the shower, everyone was still asleep, so I crawled back into bed. I managed to doze for about 40 minutes before I heard Campbell shouting in his room.

Honestly, it was such a good morning. I got to run, go to the store, take a shower, and take a nap all before everyone woke up for the day.

It almost makes up for the mornings when the kids wake me up at the crack of dawn and scream all the way through the grocery store. Almost.

No comments: