It’s no secret that 2011 was a rough one around Casa HOK, what with the depression and the 6 months of rental housing and the heat and B’s continuing health problems. I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy to see a year end. It was our very own annus horribilis.
But now it’s over.
We’re in our new house. We made it through Christmas. Lily danced in The Nutcracker. The big girls start a new school on Tuesday.
2012 holds a lot of promise for us.
This year I vow to:
- Unpack the remaining boxes
- Get my running back on track
- Kick the depression to the curb
- Get my freelance business off the ground officially
- Make friends in my new neighborhood
Nothing on the list is earthshattering or hugely life-changing. I should be able to accomplish most, if not all of them.
At the very least, I got the new year started on the right foot.
Or maybe the left. I wasn’t really paying attention.