Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Pre, First, and Third

Unlike the rest of the country, it seems, we went back to school on August 24, so we've had a chance to get adjusted to the regular routine of school days, and I am loving life. As my husband will tell you, I am a creature of habit and routine.

Campbell didn't technically go "back" to school since his pre-school ran throughout the summer. He did move up to the three-day program, but he has the same divine teacher as last year. Still, he was very excited about school, and I couldn't get him to stop jumping long enough to get a picture. He is a cute little blur, though.

Lily, my social butterfly, was thrilled to be going to first grade. She picked out a very twirly outfit for the first day, and she twirled through all of the picture.

Ella was a bit more reserved about it all. She had some first-day jitters about starting third grade, but she's settled in now. I had laugh when we got to school - I asked if I could take a picture of her in front of the school, and Ella responded with a horrified "NO!" I guess she's too old for goofy photo ops like that now.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Cute, cute, and more cute!

Unknown said...

very cute. out kids here started school Aug 17.

Ann in NJ said...

We started today. I love that your kids look HAPPY in all the pictures - despite the jitters, they clearly like school, and that's a great thing.

Baino said...

Very sweet and you capture their different personalities. Although I'm very glad that kids here wear school uniforms, I'd have gone crazy dressing them in something different every day for school!