Thursday, February 16, 2012

Failure to Communicate

B and I have this ap on our phones that allows us to compile shopping lists. He loves putting things on it. I’m happy if I remember to even look at the list while I’m shopping. Tuesday night I was at the store and actually looking at the list when some new items popped up.

pot

Most of the items were easy enough – I knew we were out of pasta and bacon, and I knew Lily wanted potting soil for a cucumber seedling she brought home from school. The only item that puzzled me was the 6” pot.

For the life of me, I couldn’t figure out why B wanted a 6” pot. We tons of pots in all shapes and sizes. Surely we had a 6” one already. But I shrugged and headed off to the kitchen section. I spent a few minutes puzzling at the options before deciding on the cheapest one available.

When I got home, Lily came bouncing out of the house asking if I’d bought soil and a pot for her plant. That’s when it hit me what kind of pot B wanted, and it wasn’t a cooking one.

Ella, Lily and B all had a great laugh at my expense. And B laughed even harder when I said, “But it was on the list!”

So now we have this sitting on the kitchen counter just to remind me.

pot2

No comments: