Sunday, June 06, 2010

NYC Training Week 9

For the third week in a row, my running has been abysmal. But given the week we had - 4 ER trips, 24 hours at Children's Hospital - I guess it's a miracle that I ran at all.

  • Monday - 3.5 with Elizabeth. Held 9 min. miles even though I was pushing the jogger.
  • Friday - 2 miles, solo. Miserable, awful. Walked the last quarter mile
  • Saturday - 3 miles at the Trail. Miserable, awful. Walked/ran the last mile.
The heat and humidity are giving me such problems that I'm thinking of joining a gym, just so I can run on a treadmill indoors once or twice a week. Running outside just isn't working for me, and I'm starting to feel the pressure of the looming race.

5 comments:

Janice said...

Reading about the week you've had, I think it's amazing that you ran at all! Hang in there. With everything.

Cookie said...

Wow! I just read back a little... OMG! You poor woman. and your poor kids. Sounds like you've been through a lot lately! How do you find time to keep up with blogging and with running?! Amazing!

Liz @ Peace, Love and Guacamole said...

Agree the humidity suuuucccks right now. Gym idea is great!

rebecca said...

I have grown to love the zen of the treadmill, especially in this nasty humidity :-) Plus, you can wear headphones, run alone, run at night, safely. Doesn't replace a trail run, but it's still a good option. (I think)

rebecca said...

by the way, if all goes well with training and you do the race (how was that for not wanting to jinx you or add pressure?) I plan to go to cheer you on!